Thursday 26 May 2011

Such a nice day for a white wedding

I have made a mistake! After a non-descript day at work I have settled in to watching The Wedding Singer with a glass of wine while waiting for the boyfriend to finish work.  On the note of waiting for the boyfriend I have to take a minute to say how fabulous I am having made pan-fried scallops, peas, bacon and poached eggs...with homemade shortbread and strawberries for dessert! I know I am the domestic god!

Anyway I have now decided that I am depressed because I actually love the sound track to this film, which is all 80's music meaning I am now too old for any kind of activity that involves moving from this sofa (and this glass of wine).  What I also love about this film is the fact that Drew Barrymore never changes her facial expression whether she is receiving good news or bad!

The final thing I like about it is WEDDINGS! I have two big ones coming up and I am so excited.  Afterall weddings = hen parties and hen parties = masses of alcohol (although with one of the hen parties I am not sure how I would manage booze and an inflatable costume!).  Weddings are brilliant purely for the entertainment value.  Drunken relatives, disgrunted married couples who are upset that their big day was so long ago and now they feel nothing for each or the creepy single people who grind up against each other to "Uptown Girl"!  Maybe it's just the wine talking but I have decided to love wedding season and embrace the love that is in the air...well for now anyway.

So work was uneventful really well aside from a trip the Scouse and I made to the market.  That is one scarey place.  Honestly forget Dawn of the Dead the real monsters hang out around the food markets...the less said about Messrs Lovett & Todd Family Butchers the better!  I so want one of those people from Secret Millionaire to visit my local market.  They would hear some awful life story of how the old lady who sells net curtains and knitted toilet roll covers has had to sell Speed on the side just to substitute her earnings.

Actually I could mix the two and hold my wedding at the all you can eat chinese near the markets...Dress from the net woman £1.50, Cake (Bakewell slice) 0.52p, Crazy religious woman singing hymns £5.00 plus two cans of cider...realising that you live in a shithole...price

Thank god for Mastercard!

No comments:

Post a Comment